Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Scream Queen: Emily Blunt


Although perhaps best known for her roles in "chick flicks" and historical dramas (and historical drama chick flicks), London-born English actress Emily Blunt has also been steadily accumulating credits in other genres, such as sci-fi ("The Adjustment Bureau", "Looper" and the forthcoming "All You Need is Kill") and, the subject at hand, thrillers and horror films.

Blunt's first flirtation with thrillers and horror came in the psychological thriller "My Summer of Love" (2005). Since then, she has starred in three straight-up horror movies-- the snowbound ghost movie "Wind Chill".(2007), "Curiosity" (2009) and "The Wolfman" (2010).

One could also add the Jack Black-starring "Gulliver's Travels" (2010) to Blunt's horror resume, but I think that one was probably intended as a comedy.



2 comments:

  1. I liked her in The Wolfman. And I hate Jack Black, so well played, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    And I may not hate Jack Black--I LOVE everything about "Nacho Libre" for example--but I do hate "Gulliver's Travels." :)

    ReplyDelete